Monday, January 14, 2008

New Small Works


"BE SQUARE"







These 3 small works were recently sent off to the NYU Small Works - 80 Washington Square East Galleries for their 31st Competition & Exhibition (February 2 - March 14). I never thought to work this small (6"x6") but after painting the postcard for the Visual Aids Benefit, it inspired me to have some fun working this format.

I'm back to my grids and lines. I'm most comfortable and happiest working with line, form and color! For me, it's not about relating it to nature or landscapes. The visual influence in my life has been with design, love of great graphics, color and a strong passion for following fashion. Along with all that comes the importance of music in my life. There's never a day that I don't play music and that's how it was in my childhood. Always music playing and attention to fashion, style and the arts.

"Be Square" is evolving and mutating into something new. Watch what happens!





No comments: