Monday, January 14, 2008

Exhibition & Reception with ARTworkSF Gallery

"Reckless Bliss"
in
Simple Geometry
exhibit

RECEPTION: Tuesday, January 29, 5-7pm
685 Market Street, Floors 3,4,5
San Francisco
Historic Monadock Building
rsvp.415.673.3080







Here are 3 of the 6 pieces of this series that will be featured in the exhibit along with 2 other artists in other mediums. These works are Encaustic on wood panel (14"x14"x2"). Come and see the other 3! All 6 pieces are framed in 2" floated black wood.

ARTworkSF Gallery presents SIMPLE GEOMETRY - Jan 2 - March 26
Juror: Matt McKinley
Geometric abstraction draws upon discernable shapes and definitive borders to create a level of interpretive comfort for the viewer based on form recognition. These simple forms, once they are mutually understood as definitive forms by both artist and viewer, become the basis for exploring repetition and patterns, color interplay and figure/ground relationships.

Hope to see you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cyndy, your work is such a feast for the eyes. I now remember you from exploring some encaustic artists' blogs a while back. I don't even know how I found you originally. I'm putting up your link on my blog.

I am so happy you connected with me on Facebook today, and thanks for talking about me!!

Martha